Sunday, June 07, 2009

Glass Paperweight


As much as I enjoy the alpacas and working with fiber. I'm always up for trying new things. The third Friday of every month, the Third Degree Glass Factory has an open house. I attended with a singles activities group I belong to and thought I'd try my hand at making a paperweight. It was really cool. The molten glass had a very interesting consistency both fluid and stiff at the same time. I was absolutely enthralled. The instructors were quite knowledgeable and patient. They let you work with the glass quite a bit. If you're reading this before the third Friday in June 2009, then you can see a picture of me in their slideshow making the paperweight pictured above. And if you live in the St. Louis Area, I highly recommend you attend one of their 3rd Friday open houses. They're free and family friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment